Wednesday, January 27, 2016

What's Up Wednesday

Today I'm linking up for What's Up Wednesday thanks to Shay over at Mix And Match Family. Hop on over to her page to find lots of fun ladies who are sharing What's Up in their lives this week!

 
 
 
 

What we're eating this week:
 
I finally broke down and gave Blue Apron a try, so for the last few nights we've been at the mercy of the chef elves that put together our meal box. After only a week, I'm sad to say that I have cancelled my subscription. I'm sure this is an awesome program for some, but it just isn't the right fit for our family right now, so although we gave it the ole college try, Blue Apron and I have parted ways.



What I'm reminiscing about:
 
A warm vacation. I'm beyond ready for a break vacation and some of these places of yesteryear are calling my name. There may be a trip to Florida amongst my February, so a girl can dream.
 
 



 
What I'm Loving:
 
Our new playroom! This past weekend we converted our home office "crap catch-all" room into a dedicated playroom and I'm loving the results. Thanks, Pinterest for your organizational inspiration and DIY bench cushion building tutorials! #PinterestWin #Proudmom
 
 
What we've been up to:
 
Staying warm and indoors while also trying to entertain a toddler. I cannot wait for spring when we can let Nash run free in the grass and fresh air!
 
What I'm dreading:
 
A few more months of winter and ice and snow and cold. Seriously, why did I leave the south???
 
What I'm excited about:
 
We have a few weekend trips on the horizon and I'm excited for a change of scenery and quality time with friends and family. Two of my best friends also gifted me a VERY generous United Airways gift card for my birthday, so I'm stoked to cash that puppy in and pack in some serious girl time soon (Thank you R&T!)!

We're headed back to Grizzly Jack's to see family in a few weeks.

 
And I'll back to Charleston in March to see these pretties!

 
 
What I'm Watching/Reading:
 
Watching: Judge if you must, but the Hubs and I are fans of the original Teen Mom cast, so we've been in full Teen Mom OG swing in our home. Two things, friends:
1) I'm going to try to be kind here as that's my mantra for 2016, but Farrah is one of the least kind human beings I've ever seen. The way she disregards human deciency, lacks respect of all others, and her ability to spit venom to EVERYONE makes me physically ill and so very sad. MTV, why is she even allowed to remain on this show?
2) Tyler and Catelynn's wedding was one of the sweetest moments I've witnessed on a reality show. Tyler's vows were the sweetest, most sincere and beautifully written professions of love I've heard at a wedding. Many of us have grown along with them throughout the last 6-7 years, so this wedding felt like a family affair. Sigh.
 
Reading: I love a good read and Elin Hilderbrand is one of my current faves. In December I finished both her Winter Street and Winter Stroll books and am now reading A Beautiful Day. Her characters and scene setting abilities have now added a trip to Nantucket to my bucket list!

 
 
 
What I'm listening to:
 
I'm a huge Pandora fan and am back on my Lionel Richie station addiction, with a little Serial Podcast thrown in the mix. Although season 2 of Serial is not as compelling for me, it's still super interesting to have a closer look into the investigation process.
 
 
What I'm wearing:
 
Layers, winter gear and sweats. Nuff said.
 
What else is new:
 
Tonight kicks off a new book club (aka...wine/book club) and I'm so excited for the five of us to get together and read and laugh and learn in 2016! Who doesn't love a good book and a glass of wine?

 
 
What are you up to?
 


No comments: