Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Enough

I've toyed with the idea of adding another tattoo to my already existing tat for some time now, and although I don't know that I'll ever follow through, I do know exactly what I'd like to get. It'd be simple and to the point. "Enough. Isaiah 6:8"

The above verse is near and dear to my heart and has become my life verse since 2008. Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?And I said, “Here am I. Send me! NIV. Although I fail at times, my goal is to always keep my ear to the ground and to my heart (and more so to Jesus' heart) to see where I can go. Where will you send me? Use me, God. Send me out.

The "enough" part is simple. It's a mantra, it's a reminder and when I'm living amongst awareness, it's a way of life. I want to live in the margins of "enough". I do not needs tons. I do not need extravagance, I simply need enough.

He is enough for me. He is enough power, enough love, enough truth, enough peace, enough grace, enough forgiveness, enough everything. He is enough.

In Him, I am enough. I am beautiful enough. I am wise enough. I am loved enough and sought after enough. I am as enough to Him as the next person is regardless of accomplishments, career, money, and beauty. I am enough. I was enough from the minute he formed me in my mother's womb. Nothing I can do will ever make me not enough in His eyes. Not enough sin nor distance can make His love not enough to redeem and sustain me.

Knowing all of that, today is one of those days where I wish I had that tattooed on my wrist for the world to see, but more importantly for me to see. Today I do not feel like enough. Not even close.

Today I am struggling with a cold and just want to be in bed, but I have a job and a family who both rely on me. I have emails coming in faster than I can respond and tasks piling up no matter how quickly I try to knock them out. I have people that want answers but none to give them. I have people who want results now but also have others in line before them already for their own results. I cannot work fast enough or hard enough. I cannot be in two places at once. Today I feel like I am anything but enough.

There's not enough of me to go around. Not today, at least. Maybe tomorrow I will be enough.




No comments: