Friday, March 20, 2015

Friday High Fives

It's Friday. It's the first day of spring. Need I say more?

Three cheers for:
  • These melt in your mouth, not in your hand little gems that I am currently popping like Pez.

  • Open windows in my car and especially my office. Hearing the wind and cars whirling by just makes you feel a bit more free.
  • This audio book. It is sooooo good. I'm doing the whole sitting in my car in the driveway thing. Anyone have an errands I can run for you? I'm all about more car time right now.  

  • March Madness. I'm never any good at it, but I love filing out my bracket every year. My selection process is super scientific:
    • Schools I have cheered at in college
    • Schools where I would've liked to have cheered
    • Uniform colors that look better on cheerleading uniforms
      • My Final Four picks: Kentucky, Wisconsin, Duke, UVA
  • Partaking in a little corned beef and cabbage on St. Patrick's Day. Oh, and my 2nd and final Shamrock Shake of 2015. Sigh.

    • PS...We actually ate roast beef and proclaimed it to be corned beef. Don't tell Irish peeps that I faked it, but what two people can finish off a 4lb corned beef by their lonesome? Yuck.
  • The beauty and awkwardness of Dancing With The Stars return.
    • I'm a huge supporter of Noah Galloway! I stumbled across his story about a year ago thanks to his connection with a local pre-teen here who is an amputee with aspirations of being Olympian. Noah has been so supportive of this kid, which in turn, made me a huge supporter of Noah. He's a class act, I promise.
    • Soapbox tangent- I was really disappointed in the judge's scores for Michael Sam. I thought he nailed it. What do those judges know anyway?
  • Dinner plans with friends tomorrow night. Yippie.
  • Taking a walk with this cutie booty. He is the bee's knees and I shall walk with him anywhere.

  • Waking up to the sun shining and a calm river view. I love when the water is so still and glassy in the morning. It's like having a constant reminder to stop and be still every morning before the chaos begins.


Happy first day of spring AND happiest of weekends, Y'all!

No comments: