Friday, November 21, 2014

Friday High Fives

As I write this, it's technically Thursday night but the end of another work week is insight. We're almost there. Although a few nights got a little hairy with a 13 pound alarm clock going off a few more times than I'd hope for, I've powered through yet another week of learning to juggle kiddo-life and career-life. And as Saturday approaches, I can promise you that there is at least one nap in my future.

In keeping with tradition, I give you all the little things that kept me going this work:
  • An amazing Thanksgiving dinner with our growth group through our church. We're grown to 6 couples strong, and have gone from 2 babies to 3 with another one on the way, and therefore have much to celebrate and give thanks. There was no shortage of food and ALL of it was fantastic. Had I known how good of a cook everyone was, I would've busted out on my maternity pants for one last hurrah. At one point the Hubs looked at meand said "two plates, huh?" Umm, yes, I have my dinner plate AND my salad plate maxed out and I do not care one bit. By the end of this night, I'll have filled three plates and I am prepared to drown my shame in green bean casserole and mashed potatoes. Judge on, judgey wudgey. Judgement has never tasted so good.
  • Decaf coffee
  • Baby talk. Nash has officially found his voice and this kid is LOUD. He loves to babble to you and fill you in on his day. Granted, it may make your ears ring, but it'll be the cutest ringing in the world.
  • An invitation to attend the Blue Man Group as the guests of our new neighbors. Talk about hospitality! I would've been grateful and humbled by a coffee cake or bottle of wine, but theater tickets and a fun dinner out? Well, welcome to the neighborhood!
  • Having my little brother over for dinner on Tuesday. It's always fun to get some time with him and if you can sit in his presence for an hour and not belly laugh at least twice, you're just wrong.
  • Hearing this oldie but oh so goodie come on my Pandora. We need more ballads like this and less singing about beer in country music. Yes, Garth and my man Travis Tritt, I'm talkin' to you. We miss you. Hurry back.
  • Christmas sugar cookies and anything remotely related to pumpkin or apple cider.
  • Cookie butter on whole wheat English muffins. Get you some.
  • The kick-off of cheesy Christmas movies on the Hallmark Channel. Last Sunday Nash and I curled up in our bed and took turns napping during the commercials. It was the perfect, snowy Sunday. I'm down for part II of that this weekend. And the next. And the next.
  • Seeing one of my BFF's last Friday night for dinner and hang out time. It was much needed and SO good for this soul of mine. Seeing Nash in her arms made me so thankful for friendships like hers even if we are separated by 1,000 miles on most days.
Happy Friday, Y'all!

No comments: