Monday, August 4, 2014

Week In Review

It appears I missed yet another "High Five Friday". I'm so slack. Or, more accurately, I'm just slammed trying to prepare for the arrival of Small Frei. Trying to tie up current loose ends at work, while also cramming 12 weeks of upcoming project preparation makes for a long day for this chica. My apologies.

In an effort to give my high fives some credit for making long days better, I shall declare this post a whole darn week in review. I'm just creative simple like that. Here's to hoping you had some fabulous high fives come your way last week as well!
  • Securing a couple large gifts for scholarships at the College last week. Many of our students are so deserving, so every dollar we bring in for them is a super high five!
  • Parmesan Garlic popcorn from the Popcorn Parlor. Fresh, local and delish.
  • Discovering the new show Married at First Sight. I LOVE it. If you haven't seen it, give it a watch. It's a reality show where you actually root for the people versus roll your eyes at their drama. Now, I'm not condoning marrying a total stranger, however, it does make for an interesting experiment and some darn good TV.

  • Spending an afternoon with my mom on Friday. I gave her lunch and a pedicure for her birthday in Feb. Needless to say, it was way overdue!! 
  •  Happening across an AMAZING deal to have some of our furniture refinished for next to nothing. We have some pieces that I bought and had big plans to redo myself, along with a few older pieces that the Hubs already had. That was until this year when we found out we were expecting and painting was on the "no-no" list.  So there they sat, untouched, in the way and collecting dust. As of today, there are 5 pieces being refinished without me having to smell one whiff of a paint fume. It's glorious, friends! I can't wait to share the results. I haven't even seen a finished product and I already feel as though it was worth every cent. Here are two of the pieces (so long Ronald McDonald dressers!!):

  • Catching up with old friends over a delicious brunch on Sunday morning. It was a morning filled with mommy talk, catching up on other skating friends, a few gifts for Ziggy and wonderful fresh apple cider pancakes. I was also given this sweet bracelet in honor of our boy. I love it.

  • This sweet family portrait compliments of my friend's daughter, Sophie. Precious.

  • Purchasing all of our remaining "must have" items from our registry. The Hubs put together the travel system and it is 100% Piggy approved. He let me push him around in it for awhile and seemed totally content being the practice baby.

  • Cleaning out our garage with the help of my parents over the weekend, and my father in law today. This was no small undertaking, but it looks so good! I just want to lay in the middle of it and do garage floor angels there's so much space. Thanks for your help mom, dad and Dick!
  • And the biggest high five goes to Walker, my friend's son, for beginning his healing journey. He's suffered from seizures for over a month now, but is now out of the medically induced coma and experiencing less frequent seizures. He has a ways to go with PT, but his eyes are open and his mom got to hold him for the first time in a month. This picture is pure joy. She's the strongest mom I know!! #Walkerstrong

 
I hope y'all had a fabulous weekend and are ready to rock this week like 7 Fridays in a row!

No comments: