Friday, July 25, 2014

Friday High Fives

I'm tired, people. Anyone else out there tired this week? TGIF, no?

This week's saving graces brought to me compliments of:
  • A delicious dinner on the grill Monday night of BBQ pork chops, fresh roasted squash, zucchini, cherry tomatoes, and onions, and garlic noodles. It was superb.
  • Dropping off a meal to our friends so we could secretly sneak a peek at their precious 3 week old. And, no, we didn't drop off the meal just to see the baby, but I'm not going to lie, that was a perk of the outing. He's just so tiny and precious. Can't wait for Ziggy to meet him!
  • Hitting the 36 week milestone. I'm officially entering my last month, friends. That first trimester felt like this was never going to have an end in sight. Cue the second and third and we're rocking and rollin'. 4 more weeks, but who's counting?! Thanks for the weekly milestone stickers, Rennie! Stripes may not have been the proper choice for a sideways photo shoot, but whatever. It is what it is.

  • Getting to celebrate my brother and sister in law tomorrow at their wedding reception. They were married in a very intimate ceremony in May (there were only 8 of us in the room), so this weekend is a chance to celebrate them and officially welcome Sonia into the craziness that is our family.


  • The Hubs was chosen as one of the Top 100 Trial Lawyers in the State of IL for 2014, which made this wife VERY proud! You go, Timmy!
  • Water. And no, not ocean water or pool water, but drinking water. I. Cannot. Drink. Enough. I now bring two sources of water to my nightstand for bed. Which in turn means more frequent trips to the restroom at night, which would be a low five.
  • No wedding rentals this weekend. Sometimes you just need a break.
  • Venturing out with the pig a few times this past weekend. On Saturday we took him to the walking path on the campus where I work and he was in hog heaven! He ran non-stop until he pretty much collapsed. On Sunday, we loaded up the picnic basket, the Hubs' kayak and Piggy and headed for the state park. Pig and I relaxed on a blanket and watched all the kayaks, paddle boards and boats go by while the Hubs took his kayak out for a spin. The only "fail" came in the form of a sandwich. Apparently I did not seal Tim's sandwich container fully which made it completely water-logged from the melting ice in the cooler. He tried to take a bite, but I'll forever have the image of him biting into it as cold water poured down his chin from the bread. It made me gag, folks, that's how much water was in that sandwich. Oops. Sorry, Timmy! And here I thought you'd be the one taking on water that afternoon.
 
 
I mean, really. Have you ever seen a cuter boy?
 



Maybe next time we'll bring Pig's life jacket so he can ride along.
 

  • Lastly, loving my doctor's office. I've hit the stretch where I now have weekly appointments and normally I'd dread going to a doctor, sitting in the waiting room, etc...every week. However, from the receptionist to the nursing staff to my doctor (who the Hubs and I call Dr. Huxtable), these people are top notch. I've never felt more at ease and more cared for than I do within those walls. The doc makes me laugh uncontrollably and the nurses have stayed after hours to see me on a moment's notice. I love them and give them a lot of the credit on how much I've been able to enjoy these last few months of this crazy journey. We hit the doctor jackpot!
  • I lied, one more high five MUST go to the Hubs for my "just because" flowers this week. Just because is my most favorite reason to receive flowers, so they made my entire day. Thank YOU, Timmy!!!
Happy Friday, Y'all!

No comments: